Retargeting and Why It’s Important for Your Moving Company
When you visit a website and later noticed an ad for that very same website while you browse another site, you have experienced retargeting.
What Is Retargeting and Why Is It Effective?
Retargeting (also called remarketing) is a way of reaching consumers who have interacted online with your business before. If someone visits your website or mobile app, you can create ads that will appear on various online sites the person visits in the future. By doing this, you hope the visitor will return to your site and become a customer.
Retargeting is highly effective because it increases your company’s name recognition and brand identity. It keeps your business in front of the eyes of a prospect that has shown interest in your company but left your site before converting into a customer.
Retargeting is also effective to recapture searchers who may otherwise forget your website, but who are looking for moving services. It’s easy to be browsing online and become distracted, and then not recall the name of your business when they want to return to your site. Retargeting makes it easy for the consumer to return.
When you create a retargeting or remarketing campaign, you have the option to create and manage it yourself or through a third-party platform. By managing your ad campaigns yourself, you maintain maximum control over features, options, and targeting. It’s also the most cost-effective, although there is a time factor involved initially.
You can use retargeting in addition to your other marketing strategies. All your leads and information will still be maintained and organized within your Network-Leads CRM.
Where Can You Create Retargeting or Remarketing Campaigns?
Retargeting Campaigns are commonly done through Google Ads or Facebook Ads. Google Ads are displayed on millions of websites throughout the web, and Facebook Ads are displayed on both Facebook and Instagram.
There are other retargeting possibilities, although Google Ads and Facebook Ads have the biggest reach. Facebook Ad campaigns can also reach Instagram, and there are Instagram marketing campaigns.
You can also explore Twitter and LinkedIn, depending upon your ideal customers. For most moving businesses, Google Ads and Facebook Ads will bring you the biggest return on your advertising investment.
Remarketing Ad Platforms
Reach customers on Google, YouTube, and Gmail, as well as the Google Display Network.
Reach customers on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Facebook Audience Apps and other sites.
Reach customers on Twitter.
Reach customers on LinkedIn (especially B2B).
How Do Retargeting Ads Track Website Visitors?
When you create a retargeting campaign through Google Ads, a bit of code is placed on your website, and you create and customize your retargeting campaign. When a consumer visits your moving company site, a cookie is placed on the potential customer’s browser. That way, the searcher will see your company publicized on sites the visitor lands on.
You will be amazed by the sheer number of options available for customizing your retargeting campaigns.
There are a few key tips to keep in mind.
• Don’t target all visitors to your website. If you already converted prospects to customers, you don’t want to show an ad to convince them they need your services.
• Limit the number of times the same person is shown your ad. You don’t want to irritate potential customers by following them all over the web with multiple ads per day.
• On that note… customize your ad campaigns so they are viewed on relevant sites. You don’t want to seem like a stalker company by having your ads appear on sites that have nothing to do with your business. If you customize them, your ads will appear seamlessly on sites that make sense.
• You can also choose how many days you want each prospect targeted. For Google Ads, the maximum is 540 days, but you probably want to select far less than that.
• Personalize everything to reach your customers. Gain their trust by using appealing images and craft ad copy that answers their questions, speaks to their moving needs, or offers social proof with other customer reviews. You can also offer a discount or incentive as a powerful retargeting ad technique.
• Create Responsive Ads. Have a few different scripts for your ads, and images in different sizes. Include your logo. For images, you can have images pulled from your website, you can upload images, or you can select stock images.
Google Ads are created automatically from the options you provide and customized to fit each ad space. The sizes and shapes of the ads will vary across different spaces such as banners, text ads, and on mobile. Responsive ads also ensure that the same prospect won’t see the same ad multiple times.
Customizing your ad options enables you to control your marketing budget. It also allows you to target people who are most likely to become your customers.
Retargeting Ads Are Great Ways to Gain Customers for Your Moving Business
Retargeting is an effective tool for improving the visibility of your company brand and gaining new customers. Many consumers spend time researching before selecting a moving business. By using remarketing ads, you keep your moving company within an easy mouse click. You can’t afford to ignore retargeting ads as cost-effective and valuable contributors to your overall marketing strategy.