How to Excel in the Moving Industry: Customer Follow-Ups
Did you know that the majority of customers would prefer to pay more if it meant their customer experience would be better? Getting and keeping customers is achieved by developing a relationship with them. One of the most meaningful ways to maintain a relationship is through customer follow-ups.
The Importance of Customer Follow-Ups to Your Business
Want to learn the secret of customer loyalty? Establishing ongoing connections between your company and the customer.
Your job is not quite finished just because the move is complete. When you create a bond between your company and your customers, you not only get their business, you build social proof for your brand.
The moving industry is more competitive than ever, and consumers search for online reviews before deciding which company to contract with. When your moving business provides excellent service, satisfied customers are happy to provide positive reviews and feedback.
By scheduling follow-ups to stay in touch with your clients and customers, you remain fresh in their minds. This is valuable for acquiring unsolicited recommendations and repeat business.
Follow-ups also illuminate areas where your moving company can improve. This helps you stay ahead of your competition.
What Should Your Customer Follow-Up Include?
A successful move includes many components, but communication is the most important focus of the customer follow-up. It may only take you a few minutes to create a follow-up template, which can be made one inside your Network Leads CRM, but to your customers, it feels like you took time out of your day because you were thinking of them.
Components of a Moving Company Customer Follow-Up:
1. Thank you - This is the most important aspect of your customer follow-up. Sincerely thank the customer for choosing your moving company.
2. Check-in Call - A few days after the move is complete, follow up with a quick call or message to see how things are going.
3. Keep in Touch - Get your client’s permission to periodically send useful information, updates, timely tips and advice, and anything that will keep your company’s name fresh in their minds.
4. Offer Other Products and Ask for Referrals - Developing a relationship by staying in touch can net your moving company increased online visibility and new customers. Excellent customer service (and follow-ups are considered excellent customer service) plus positive customer word-of-mouth recommendations will bring in new business.
5. Establish a Referral Program and Promote It when You Follow Up - Develop a simple referral program to reward customers who recommend your services. You can offer gift cards or other incentives. Track everything in your CRM.
What if the Customer Follow Up Doesn’t Go as Planned?
It is possible that a few of your customers are disappointed with their moving experience. Often, giving a dissatisfied customer the chance to explain what went wrong goes a long way in turning the experience into a positive (or at least an acceptable) one.
Don’t interrupt the customer or attempt to dismiss the complaint. Remain polite and professional. Take action if appropriate. The way this type of follow up is handled can bolster the positive perception of your brand’s customer experience. It can also provide perspective into ways to improve your company.
How Can You Keep Track of Customer Follow-Ups on Top of Everything Else?
You may feel like you’re doing everything already to manage moves, movers, customers, and all the moving parts of your business. How can you possibly keep track of contacting customers?
How Can You Save Time with A CRM?
In today’s moving industry environment, you need to be using a dedicated CRM configured for moving companies. This saves time and enables you to access all aspects of your business in one place.
You can schedule customer follow-ups, text messages or calls, organize your workflow and track everything in your Network Leads dashboard. You will see at a glance the status of each of your customers. No guessing, no searching, no confusion.
A great CRM can make managing your clients a breeze. All information is stored centrally in the CRM. Your Network Leads account keeps track of emails you’ve sent.
You can go the extra mile by remembering birthdays or other important customer events. Don’t underestimate the importance of acknowledging milestones in the lives of your customers, whether a new baby, a birthday or even a vacation.
Customer Follow-Ups Are Great for Your Moving Business
Customer follow-ups are necessary:
• For great customer experiences
• To generate future business
• For better reviews
• To establish your moving business as a quality leader.
Moving can be stressful and overwhelming. Customers appreciate your attentiveness during their move and will form a positive impression of your moving business that lasts long after the move is complete. The customer follow-up is an important way to differentiate your moving company from the rest of the competition.